Making an impact means caring for others and acting on that care. Our coach, Juan Andrade displays both with the work he does as a FTSV Coach, and what he does away from FTSV.
Juan is a Behavioral Technician for the Sunnyvale School District. There he is responsible for assisting individual students in developing skills which lead them to join the mainstream educational environment. He is also responsible for delivering discrete trial therapy based on the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to individual students. To be successful in that position requires empathy, understanding, patience, and care. All qualities that we covet in a coach and aim to reinforce in our participants.
Before becoming a Behavioral Technician, Juan applied his excellent coaching and people skills as a Playworks coach, and as an After-School Director for Ellis Elementary.
At Ellis Elementary, he was our most active and engaged community partner, delivering the FTSV community program at the school 4-5 times per week, every week.
In the Fall of 2022, Juan began his first season as a coach in our 8-week golf course program. He immediately connected with our staff and with the participants he coached. Additionally, he assisted our team of coaches by providing insight and coaching content in our most recent coach training regarding ADHD and Autism.
“I got the privilege to introduce the First Tee program to my students at Ellis where they got the opportunity to pursue golf and elevate their life experiences through golf,” said Juan. “Since moving from implementing the First Tee program at schools to RDP I have really enjoyed watching the enthusiasm and personalities of the participants come out when playing.”
“Coach Juan is the type of coach that makes everyone around him better,” says Program Director, Chris Moreno-Hunt. “He believes in everyone and cares for everyone. We are fortunate to have him part of the team.”
Interested in joining Coach Juan as a FTSV Coach? Please:
- Visit our volunteer page and click on the volunteer form.
- Contact Julie Donnellan at 408-508-4882 or [email protected] for volunteering
- Contact Chris Moreno-Hunt at 408-508-4884 or [email protected] for paid coaching
- Click here for our volunteer tri-fold for more information
- We are accepting volunteers year-round, but to be able to coach in the next season you will need to complete the on-boarding steps by 2/15 for Spring, and 5/15 for Summer, 8/15 for Fall, and 11/15 for Winter
- Training provided (golf and life skills)