- Make a positive difference by providing participants tools to build character.
- Meet like-minded people and be part of a supportive community.
- Learn and develop new skills including coaching, communication & leadership.
- Watch our course program video and hear from our participants, parents and coaches about their FTSV experience!
- Watch FTHQ’s video on becoming a coach from participants and coaches around the country.
How to Get Started
Watch our Volunteer Onboarding video.
Phase 1 – Getting Started
- Click the button below to complete the Join Us Form.
- Do Telephone Interview
- Send Volunteer Application
- Do In-Person/Zoom Interview
Phase 2 – Contingency
- Return Contingent Offer Letter
- Complete Background Check
Phase 3 – AdobeSign
- Review & Sign Handbook, Waiver & Policies Documents
Phase 4 – Training
- Complete Safesport Training
- Watch our Safety Video
What to Know
- Assist in delivering our life and golf skill curriculum through golf games.
- Provide tools to build character
- Provide a safe, positive and engaging experience for our participants.
- Commit 2.5 hours a day, once a week for an 8-lesson season.
- Choose from several session options by season, location, day of week, and time.
- Help at least 2 of 4 seasons and at least 6 of 8 sessions each season.
- Attend a 2-hour golf and life skill mentor training prior to each season.
- No golf experience necessary!
- See our informational volunteer tri-fold.
Additional Requirements for Juniors
- Must be or have been a FTSV participant.
- Must be at least 14 years old and in 9th grade or higher.
- May only teach our Grades 2-4 and Grades 5-6 sessions.
- Grades 2 to 12
- Meet once per week for 1.5-hours over an 8-class session/season (8-10 weeks).
- In each class, students experience a life skill and golf skill through golf games.
- Spring — March-May
- Summer — June-August
- Fall — September-November
- Winter — December-February
Locations & Days
Rancho del Pueblo
Tuesdays to Saturdays
1649 Hermocilla Way
San Jose, CA 95116
Baylands Golf Links
Tuesdays to Fridays
1875 Embarcadero Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Fridays & Saturdays
5055 Santa Teresa Blvd
Gilroy, CA 95020