Meet Coach Howie Roth. He joined First Tee – Silicon Valley coaching staff in 2008 and has been one of the staples of the FTSV coaching team.
“It’s been a great privilege for me to have been coaching at the First Tee,” says Coach Howie. “I’ve always enjoyed seeing how much our participants enrich their lives by growing their life skills through our golf activities. And a special highlight for me has been working with coaches that I originally met as students, and observing how effectively they display these skills learned at the First Tee!”
Coach Howie has been a dedicated, impactful, and skilled coach. He has successfully delivered life lessons and mentored hundreds of participants over the years. Additionally, his mentoring of our volunteers has been just as significant. “When I think of First Tee I think of Howie,” says Program Director, Chris Moreno-Hunt. “He embodies our Core Values, shows care to those around him, and makes learning fun. He always strives for better, and that mentality has positively impacted our program and benefited his students. We are grateful to have Coach Howie on our team!”
“Coach Howie has been a regular, reliable instructor for us for over a decade,” says CEO and President, George Maxe. “I’ve always loved that he decided to give back to the community in this way after retirement. I deeply appreciate his dedication to FTSV and our kids.”
Interested in making a positive difference like Coach Howie, developing coaching skills, and working together with other like-minded individuals? Please apply to join our team.
How to get started
- Visit our volunteer page and click on the volunteer form.
- Or contact Julie Donnellan at 408-508-4882 or [email protected]
- Click here for our volunteer tri-fold for more information
- We are accepting volunteers year-round, but to be able to coach in the next season you will need to complete the on-boarding steps by 2/15 for Spring, and 5/15 for Summer, 8/15 for Fall, and 11/15 for Winter
- Training provided (golf and life skills)